Synthetic Biology Art Exhibition
We are happy to present 36 unique artistic takes on synthetic biology, ranging from audiovisual video works to petridish multiplayer experiences. Expect hands-on workshops and fanastical performances all in the name of art and science as we go deep in the Stockholm underground.
Please attend the event and check out the initerary and FAQ for further information!
iGEM Stockholm is hosting an art exhibition 25 metres below the surface, home to Swedens first nuclear reactor R1. The theme of the exhibition is Synthetic Biology, a new interdisciplinary area that involves the application of engineering principles to biology. It aims at the (re-)design and fabrication of biological components and systems that do not already exist in the natural world. If you want to know more and get inspired check out these videos!
We invite you to create artwork inspired by synthetic biology and have it displayed in the reactor. Share your art, join the event and participate in a discussion about the craft of the future!
- Application deadline: 28th of April 2019, 24:00 CET
- Application form
- Read the FAQ for questions and leave a comment for inquiries. If no answer is provided please write email@example.com.
All kinds of art is accepted, and everyone is eligible to participate irregardless of artistic level or experience of synthetic biology. iGEM participants from all over the globe are also invited to participate!
- All exhibited work will be printed in a booklet to be presented at the 2019 iGEM giant jamboree in Hynes Convention Center, Boston with over 6000 participants.
- 5 outstanding artists will be recognized in the booklet with a portrait and a short biography, and be presented in Osqledaren online (KTH magazine) as well as Medicor online (KI magazine).
- 1 artist will receive a Huel Powder starter kit
- 1 grand prize winner will be presented on Karolinska Institutets Facebook.
- 19.03.25 Open call start
- 19.04.28 Open call end
- 19.05.13-15 Art exhibition
For more information, follow us on Instagram and connect on Facebook.
Learn more about iGEM and the work of previous teams at SGEM.